SODERCAN (Sociedad para el Desarrollo Regional de Cantabria S.A.) is a public company part of the Ministry of Industry, Tourism, Innovation, Transport and Commerce of the Government of Cantabria. It was created in 1984 to actively promote business development in Cantabria; to boost competitiveness and encourage entrepreneurship within the region and to actively contribute to the creation of a socio-economic environment that favours investment in industrial development, innovation, competitiveness and internationalisation with the aim of greater job creation and prosperity.
Its objectives are based on actively contributing to the strengthening of the industrial base of Cantabria:
- To cultivate entrepreneurial talent and the creation of companies
- To attract external investment
- To support the development of competitive companies
- To support the transformation of companies in mature markets experiencing difficulties competing on a global stage
- To support the creation of the Knowledge Society and engagement with Public Entities
SODERCAN aims to set the national standard for the promotion and management of regional development and to become a model for business creation with a team of specialised professionals able to provide effective solutions that meet the needs of companies in Cantabria.