Supplier Code of Conduct
SODERCAN has a implemented a Supplier Code of Conduct to ensure suppliers and service providers adhere to and promote ethical principles in all their activities.
SODERCAN will take the appropriate measures to ensure that contractors fully comply with all environmental, social and labour regulations and legal obligations under national and EU law, collective agreements and/or international environmental, social and labour standards.
Responsibilities of our suppliers
1.- Legal compliance
All SODERCAN suppliers must fully comply with applicable legislation in all issues related to salaries and work schedules, including regulations regarding minimum wage, extra hours and other aspects of remuneration. Furthermore, suppliers will provide all the social benefits established by law. Suppliers must also have and maintain all environmental permits stipulated by law.
All suppliers and service providers must comply with applicable legislation in the area of Equality and communications.
2.- Professional integrity
- Accept responsibility for their actions, including accepting projects which they have the capacity to execute.
- Apply their skills and knowledge responsibly and seek additional, specialised assistance where required.
- To carry out their activities with full transparency, maintaining an appropriate image of professionalism and objectivity.
- To ensure the quality of the service and cordiality, professionalism and excellence in their dealings, optimising efforts and resources.
3.- Labour practices
All SODERCAN suppliers and service providers must:
- Eradicate any form of coercion in the workplace, forced labour or the use of child labour.
- Avoid discriminatory practices of any kind in the workplace.
- Guarantee the appropriate standards of workplace hygiene and occupational health and safety.
- Respect established working hours and minimum wage regulations.
- Respect the right of employees to associate, organise and/or bargain collectively without any sanction.
- Promote the equality of opportunity, work conditions and treatment for all employees.
- Respect the right to privacy of all employees.
- Strictly prohibit any behaviour, including gestures, language and physical contact which may be considered coercive, threatening, abusive or exploitative.
- Ensure equality of opportunity for both women and men.
- Ensure the workplace environment is free of any form of sexual harassment and abuse.
All SODERCAN suppliers and service providers must have and maintain all environmental licences required by law. In the case of waste management, all waste must be managed, treated and/or disposed of in accordance with applicable legislation.
Suppliers must work to minimise their environmental impact, carrying out continuous improvement of their environmental processes and standards.
5.-Confidentiality and data protection
Suppliers and service providers will safeguard the confidentiality of all information they acquire in the conduct of their activities and will not make use of nor share any confidential data with third parties for financial gain.
Suppliers and service providers will adopt the technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of all personal data to which they have access and prevent any unauthorised access, alteration or processing.
6.- Supply chain
SODERCAN suppliers must make every effort to implement this Code of Conduct throughout their supply chains.
Responsibilities of SODERCAN
- Safeguard the confidentiality of all data provided by suppliers and service providers.
- Prevent any conflicts of interest which may harm suppliers.
- Not to engage suppliers or service providers who fail to meet the required minimum occupational health and safety standards.
- Provide current or potential suppliers and service providers adequate channels for communication and access to information regarding purchasing and procurement procedures.
- To establish objective criteria and mechanisms for the selection, management and evaluation of suppliers and service providers. SODERCAN reserves the right to review and modify these criteria as considered appropriate. The evaluation of suppliers will take into account criteria based on compliance with the established requirements and schedules of the project, flexibility and the absence of administrative problems during the period of the contract.
- Compliance with applicable legislation regarding contracting of suppliers and the transparency of information.